STIR FRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb chicken tenders (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided into 2- 1 tablespoon
- 1 lb fresh broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- ½ lb white button mushrooms (sliced)
- ⅔ C chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (peeled and grated) packed
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Add the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil, ginger, minced garlic, and pepper together in a bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Set aside.
- Prep a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Sprinkle chopped chicken with pepper.
- Add the chopped chicken.
- Allow to cook for about 1 minute. (Don’t stir)
- Stir the chicken for about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Add in the last 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the broccoli florets, sliced onion and sliced mushrooms to the large skillet.
- Fry for 3 minutes. (Continue to stir)
- The broccoli will be crisp but tender.
- Lower the heat on the stove to medium-low.
- Stir the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables.
- Stir to mix well.
- Set heat to simmer to warm the sauce and vegetables.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to thin out the sauce.
- Add in the chicken, cooking for almost a minute to heat the chicken and
(Add more soy sauce if desired.)
- Serve alone or with rice.