- 1 large egg OR equivalent amount of egg replacer product to keep vegan (use your favorite brand)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top if desired
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pan; set aside. (I don’t prefer the cosmetic look of muffin liners). Note – I only used 10 cavities rather than all 12.
To a large bowl, add the egg, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
Divide batter equally among 10 cavities of the prepared pan. Each cavity will be about 3/4 full; don’t fill past 3/4 full. Spraying a one-quarter cup measure with cooking spray so the batter slides right off is handy here.
If desired, evenly sprinkle a generous pinch of chocolate chips to the top of each muffin.
Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs but no batter. All muffin pan sizes, how full you fill your pan, ovens, climates, etc. vary so bake until done given your variables and check on them early.
Allow muffins to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely.