- 3 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 4 T. quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 t. Morton salt
- 3 T. Kerrygold unsalted butter, cut into small bits
- double pie crust I use the one here; doubled and the second one cut into strips for lattice in this pie)
Prepare pie pan with bottom crust.
Mix the berries, sugar, thickener, lemon juice and salt (do this gently with your hands to prevent breaking the berries) and let stand for 15 minutes.
Dot the butter over the filling, then cover with a lattice for the top (here’s a great tutorial if you’ve never done it before). Brush with cream, or milk, and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
Bake the pie at 425 degrees F in the lower third of the oven for 30 minutes. Place a baking sheet under pie and lower oven temp to 350 degrees. Bake until thick juices bubble, about 30 minutes longer.