- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 lb fresh beef brisket (not corned beef)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup low-sodium beef, chicken or vegetable broth or water
1-In small bowl, mix brown sugar, chipotle chili powder, cumin, celery salt, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2-Spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place brisket in slow cooker; rub mixture all over brisket.
3-In another small bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the ketchup, the apple cider vinegar, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over brisket along with broth.
4-Cover and cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in center of brisket reads 160°F.
5-Transfer brisket to cutting board; let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, add remaining 3/4 cup ketchup to sauce in slow cooker; stir to combine.
6-Thinly slice brisket; transfer to serving plate. Spoon sauce over top.