3 to 4 pound pork loin roast, trimmed
2 teaspoons thyme, chopped
2 teaspoons sage, chopped
2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups pearl onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 sprigs rosemary
2 cloves garlic chopped
2 cups Apple Juice
1) In a small bowl, combine the chopped thyme, sage, and rosemary. Mix in the salt and pepper.
2) Rub the pork loin roast with the seasoning mix until all sides are covered well.
3) Drizzle the olive oil in a hot skillet and sear the pork on all sides until browned.
4) Move the pork to the slow cooker. Scatter the pearl onions and garlic around the pork.
5) Pour the apple juice around the pork, so as not to wash off the seasonings. Place the two sprigs of rosemary on top of the pork.
6) Cover and cook on High for 3 hours, then switch the heat to Low for 6 hours.
This pork was delicious and herb-y and fall-off-the-bone tender. I may be tempted to put this pork on salads or in sandwiches. I may also be tempted to eat it out of the slow cooker using my fingers. You know, the usual. Things like that happen when there’s something as tasty as this all up in your face.
To see other great recipes from Secret Recipe Club members, visit the links below!