Back to Top
- 2 1/2 lbs St Louis-style pork spareribs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- In a medium bowl combine salt, pepper, paprike, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano and brown sugar.
- Remove membrane from back of ribs by lifting the end with a blunt utensil like a spoon or butter knife. Then use a paper towel to help lift the slippery silver skin from the ribs.
- Transfer ribs to a cookie sheet or large rimmed baking sheet. Rub seasoning all over front and back of ribs. Place pan of ribs in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- “Wrap” ribs around the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker. Pour in water. Cook for 8 hours on low or for 4-5 hours on high.
- In a small bowl combine the apple cider vinegar and BBQ sauce.
- Remove ribs at the end of slow cook time and transfer to cookie sheet or baking pan. Using a brush coat all sides of ribs with sauce.
- Place under broiler for 3 minutes or until sauce begins to darken.