Certainly! Here’s a recipe for Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (use a mix of colors)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) beef or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese for garnish (optional)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Drain excess fat.
- Place the cooked beef in the slow cooker.
- Add chopped onion, chopped bell peppers, minced garlic, diced tomatoes (with their juice), tomato sauce, beef or vegetable broth, cooked rice, dried basil, dried oregano, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with shredded cheese and chopped fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve the Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup hot, and enjoy!
This soup captures all the flavors of stuffed peppers in an easy and comforting slow-cooked version.