Back to Top
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts (or leg quarters)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Place chicken in the crockpot.
- In a medium bowl combine sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, and pepper. Pour over chicken and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, chop into cubes, and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a skillet and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and water until combined.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture to boiling liquid and reduce to a simmer. Allow sauce to thicken for 2-3 minutes then toss the chicken back in.
- Coat chicken with sauce and let heat through.