Back to Top
- 4 flatbreads
- olive oil, for brushing
- 2 tbsp creamed horseradish
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- small bunch dill, ½ chopped, ½ picked into small fronds
- squeeze lemon juice, plus a pinch of zest
- 3 cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), very thinly sliced
- 4 smoked trout fillets, broken into large flakes
- mixed salad leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Brush the flatbreads with olive oil. Put on a large baking sheet and pop in the oven for about 8 mins until crisp round the edges.
- Meanwhile, mix the horseradish, crème fraîche, chopped dill, lemon juice and zest, and some seasoning. Add a few drops of water to loosen mixture to a drizzling consistency.
- Top each flatbread with some beetroot slices and smoked trout. Drizzle over the horseradish sauce, sprinkle with dill fronds and serve with salad, if you like.