I made this Sour Cream Blueberry Bundt Cake over the weekend and couldn’t wait to share the recipe! It’s CRAZY moist, soft and loaded with fresh blueberries!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, vanilla, sour cream, salt, and baking powder, and mix for an additional minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn mixer to low and mix until the flour until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Coat a 9-10 inch bundt pan with baking spray. Spread the cake batter in the pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add an additional tablespoon of milk if you would like a thinner icing.
- Drizzle the icing on the cake when mostly cooled.
I find that if I am using baking spray to grease my bundt pan, it works best if I spray it just before I fill the pan with batter.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.