Back to Top
- 3 cups shredded chicken breasts
- 12 corn or taco-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees for flour tortillas or 350 degrees for corn tortillas.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan; stir in the flour. Add the broth all at once and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Stir in the sour cream, cumin, salt, pepper, and green chiles. Cook until the mixture starts to bubble, but do not boil. Set aside.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Place 6 tortillas on the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping slightly so they all fit.
- Add the chicken on top of the tortillas. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over chicken. Pour half the sour cream sauce over the cheese layer.
- Place the remaining 6 tortillas on top of the chicken/enchilada sauce layer.
- Top with the remaining sour cream sauce, mozzarella & cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.