1 Box Elbow MAC
1 can Evaporate Milk
1 cup Regular Milk (I use Lactaid because well.. )
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Medium Sharp Cheddar
1 cup Sharp Cheddar
1 cup Smoked Gouda* (optional)
1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Butter
1 package Sazon *
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Teaspoon Dry Mustard
1/2 cup Dukes Mayo (It has to be Dukes!)
1/2 cup Sour Cream
Put it all together:
1. Heat Butter on Medium-High and let it melt, but not burn.
2. Stir bits of flour in butter until it becomes like a paste(Roux). Pour in both types of milks and stir. Turn to med-low.
3. Season your milk mixture. If you want to make your macaroni more orange/yellow then add 1 package of Sazon Seasoning (orange packet)… otherwise add the remaining dry seasonings above to your liking.
4. Cheese time! Add cheese(s). Let it melt while stirring.
5. Add Al dente elbow noodles to a buttered dish. Pour Roux(Cheese Sauce) over the macaroni. Add two eggs, Dukes Mayo, Sour Cream and stir. Top macaroni mixture with Extra sharp cheddar cheese.
6. Add to oven covered in foil(spray the foil) for 35-40 mins. Uncover and Broil for 2-3 mins after the 40 is up. Let it sit for 5-6 mins. DONE!
*Y’all can wait a tad bit longer lol… trust me the cheese will burn the MESS out of you. Lol so let it sit.
Yes it’s a process, but it’s worth it. Enjoy my Soul Food lovers