Back to Top
- 8 oz. spaghetti imported from Italy or Barilla spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 garlic cloves chopped julienne / thinly sliced (if you prefer less garlicky use around 3-4 garlic cloves)
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes/ increase or decrease according to your taste
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley/ chopped
- ¼ tablespoon parmesan cheese/ optional
- Set Instant pot to Sauté Mode.When HOT add in the oil and butter.
- Add the chopped and julienne garlic and stir. Cook for a few minutes until the garlic is golden brown while stirring occasionally.
- Add red chili flakes and chopped parsley. Keep stirring. ( Do not let the garlic burn)
- Press cancel.
- Pour water and salt.
- Break the spaghetti strands in half and spread them in two layers using a crisscross pattern.
- Do not stir from this point on.
- Use a spoon or spatula and kind of press down to make sure all the noodles get some water on them. They don’t need to stay in the water, but just get all of them wet.
- Close the lid and turn the vent to sealing position.
- Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 5 mins.
- Once done, let the pot release naturally for 5 minutes, and then release the
remaining pressure with the manual pressure release.
- Open the pot and stir the spaghetti, Use tongs to stir well, and pick apart any
stuck pieces. There will be a few stuck pieces.
- Allow the spaghetti to rest for 5 minutes to let some of the liquid evaporate. You can give it a stir a time or two during this to help it out. The liquid will
reduce after a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Leftover can be saved in the fridge for up
to 7 days.
- Tongs are extremely useful for separating
- Do NOT use angel hair pasta for this recipe.
Angel hair has a much quicker cook time than standard spaghetti noodles and will overcook and/or burn when used in this recipe