- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup fresh chopped strawberries (or frozen, thawed and drained), pureed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour about 188g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream cheese frosting:
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
CrustPreheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners.
Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter, divide between muffin cups and press down into the bottom.
Bake for 5 minutes or until just starting to dry but not crumbly. Set aside.
CupcakesIn a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, strawberry puree, milk, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir just until combined. Divide between muffin cups and bake for 19-21 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely before frosting.
Cream cheese frosting:Add cream cheese and butter to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add salt, vanilla and 1 cup of sugar. Beat until smooth.
Gradually add in remaining 1 cup sugar, beating until smooth, until desired consistency is reached.
Combine 1 cup strawberries and 1 teaspoon sugar in a small bowl and stir to coat. Let sit 5-10 minutes.
Spread or pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes, leaving an indentation in the center for strawberries. Spoon strawberries into the center of each cupcake. Serve or refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.