– 1 angel food cake
– Cool Whip: a container (about 16 ounce)
– Cream cheese: 8 ounces
– Sugar: a cup (divided)
– Vanilla extract: a small spoon
– Fresh strawberries: a quart (sliced)
– Cornstarch: 3 large spoons
– Strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert: a package (about 3 ounce)
– Lemon juice: 1 large spoon
– Water: a cup
* SERVINGS 15
1. First, combine together 1/2 cup of sugar, cornstarch, Jello, lemon juice, and water in a medium saucepan.
2. Immediately cook over medium heat, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly; set aside to cool slightly.
3. Afterwards, stir in sliced strawberries.
4. And please tear angel food cake into 1 inch pieces and toss with 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
5. Make sure to press into 9×13 inch pan (I always use glass so I can see the pretty layers); set aside.
6. Pick a mixer bowl and combine in cream cheese, 1/2 cup remaining sugar, and vanilla, beating until smooth.
7. You’ll want to stir in remaining Cool Whip and spread evenly over cake layer.
8. Cooled strawberry mixture should be poured over cream cheese layer. Evenly spread to cover cake. It’s important to refrigerate for about 2 to 3 hours before serving.
You may want to substitute a 16 ounce bag of frozen whole strawberries (thawed and chopped) for the fresh strawberries, if you likw of course.