- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon ( China best)
- 2 cups diced rhubarb
- 2 cups diced sliced strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350°F
In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
Mix until crumbly then press half of the mixture into a greased 9″x13″ baking pan.
Cover with the rhubarb and strawberries.
In a small saucepan, heat the water, cornstarch, and vanilla over medium-low heat until thick and clear, stirring often. This should take about 5 minutes.
Pour over the rhubarb/strawberry layer.
Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake for 60 minutes.