HOW TO MAKE AN EASY HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE CHEESECAKE WITH 4 LAYERS OF STRAWBERRY CAKE, CREAMY CHEESECAKE, WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FROSTING, AND CRUNCHY STRAWBERRY FLAVORED COOKIE CRUMBLES!
Hey y’all! So, many of you have been requesting a ton of strawberry dessert recipes. Well, let me just remind you that I can’t do a lot of them. WHY? Because Mrs. Rosie is allergic to strawberries! Yes indeed I am allergic to them, and will not be baking anything with them anytime soon. HOWEVER, there are a few strawberry desserts that I can make for you without risking my life. This strawberry shortcake cheesecake is one of them!
The strawberry shortcake is simply amazing. There’s no better way to put it than that. It has a rich, creamy taste with that strawberry flavor that gives it its name. And the best part is how all these mouthwatering ingredients come together to create a perfect and unique balance of flavors, without any one overpowering the others. It’s an edible symphony of flavors, with the strawberry flavor taking first chair in this wonderful edible recital. But I wax lyrical about this recipe.
Let’s get to it!
But before we do, weight watchers will be interested to know that 1 slice out of 10 of my Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe contains an estimated 368KCAL of clories, 56g of carbohydrates, 4g of proteins, and 14g of fat with 8g of it being saturated fat.
Asides from the usual bowls and spoons that always seem to find their way to the dishwasher after each baking experience, you don’t really need much by way of equipment in order to make the Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
All you’ll need are:
- An oven (one that is temperature regulated.)
- A baking pan (preferably a 9-inch cake pan)
- Aluminum foil
And yes, you’ll still be needing all those bowls and spoons.
Now, there are three major parts to this recipe:
- The bottom crust
- The filling, and
- The topping
To make the bottom crust, you’ll need:
- 22 Golden Oreos Crushed
- 5 Tbsp Melted butter
For the filling, you’ll need:
- 4 8oz packages cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Jar of smuckers strawberry ice cream topping
For the topping, you’ll need:
- 12 Golden Oreos Crushed & divided into 2 bowls (one for plain Oreo topping, one for
your strawberry ones)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Softened Butter
- 3 Tbsp from a small package of strawberry gelatin
One more thing you should note about this Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is that the quantities of the ingredients indicated will only be sufficient for a 9-inch cake or so (hence the 9-inch cake pan), with about 16 slices or servings.
If you’re interested in making more servings and a bigger cake, it’s not just a matter of adding more Oreos or cream cheese, you have to adjust every single one of those ingredients proportionately. Now, that’s easy to do. But we know how things can get very tricky very fast in the kitchen, so if you run into any snags, do feel free to consult us by leaving a message in the comment section. We’ll be sure to get back to you.
We like to kick off our instructions with a little recommendation. Actually, it’s a very important one. Before you try to tackle our Strawberry Shortcake Crunch Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting recipe, you probably should clear out any clutter on you counter top and in your kitchen area so that you can have more baking space, better hygienic conditions, as well as a freer range of movement.
When you’re done with that, you can get out all your ingredients and arrange them in those clean bowls that are going to end up in the dishwasher after all this is done. Do NOT mix the ingredients together willy-nilly, in fact, do NOT do any sort of mixing at all until the recipe tells you to.
Are you ready?
Take in a deep breath, center yourself and let’s begin!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (you do this to ensure an even heat regulated space within the oven, so that all parts of the cake can be done at the same time – both on the inside and on the outside.)
- Line the outer perimeter of your pan with aluminum foil and generously apply butter to the inside to prevent sticking.
- For the crust – crush the Oreo’s & incorporate the butter, press into the bottom of your springform pan.
- For the filling – Place one 8-ounce package of the cream cheese, 1/3 cup of the sugar, and the cornstarch in a large bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer on low until creamy, about 3 minutes, then beat in the remaining 3 packages of the cream cheese. Increase the mixer speed to high and beat in the remaining 1 1/3 cups of the sugar, then beat in the vanilla.
Blend in the eggs, one at a time, beating the batter well after each one.
Blend in heavy cream.
At this point mix the filling only until completely blended. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Gently spoon 1/2 of the cheese filling on top of the prepared crust. spoon plops 1/2 the jar of strawberry topping here and there. Drag a butterknife through the strawberries to marblize the cheese/straberries. Spoon in the other half of the batter and the repeat the strawberry process on top. Bake for 1 hour or until there is only a slight jiggle when shook gently.
- For the crumb topping – In a small bowl or the food processor, add the Oreo cookies and pulse into large crumbs. Add the softened butter and mix gently with a fork or your hands to make pea-sized pieces stick together. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a small bowl and set aside. Pour strawberry jello powder over the remaining crumbs and continue pinching the pieces together. Add more softened butter if needed for mixture to stick to the cake. Pour the toppings over the cake.
- Serve, dig in and enjoy!