- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 whole pieces pita bread
- Melted butter or olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic salt
Place the tomatoes, avocados, onion, and garlic in a bowl and gently stir them together. Add the parsley and oregano. Gently mix in the vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle the feta cheese into the mixture and gently mix. Cover the bowl and let it chill for 2 to 6 hours.
For the Pita Chips:
Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut the pita bread into eight equal triangles. Tear each one apart at the seam, so you get two. Lay them on a cookie sheet with the rough inside facing upwards. Brush the pita pieces with melted butter or olive oil, and then sprinkle them with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
Bake in the oven until the edges turn light brown; about 15 minutes.