- 1lb lean ground beef
- .25 cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2.5 tsp brown sugar
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- 4 pieces of Green Mill Texas Toast
- 1oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Start preheating oven at 375 for your Texas Toast
- On stovetop, medium heat, brown your ground beef, and onion. Drain once browned.
- Add in ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, and salt and pepper. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened to your liking
- While thickening the sauce place Green Mill Texas Toast into preheated oven.
- Bake toast 5-6 minutes until golden brown.
- Place your Sloppy Joe Mixture on top of your golden-brown Texas Toast
- Top with ¼ oz of Cheddar Cheese on each piece of toast.