YOU WILL NEED:
– 1 1/2 cup bananas, mashed, ripe
– 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
– 3 cups of flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 3/4 cup butter, softened
– 2 1/8 cups of sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons of vanilla
– 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla
– 3 1/2 cups of icing sugar
HOW TO DO IT :
- Preheat the oven to 275 ° F / 135C and grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix the mashed bananas with the lemon juice in a small bowl; put aside.
- Choose a medium bowl and combine the flour, baking soda and salt; put aside.
- Then, in a large bowl, cream together 3/4 cup butter and 2 1/8 cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next, stir in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Alternating with the buttermilk, you can stir in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the banana mixture
- Pour batter to preparing pan also baking in preheated oven , about 1 hour.
- When finished, remove from oven and place directly in freezer for 45 minutes. This will make the cake very soft.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth to make the frosting.
- Beat 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Now add the icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until the icing is smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cake.
- Finally, you can sprinkle chopped nuts over the icing (or hearts!).