- 8 oz (8 slices) of Brioche bread
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- dash of cinnamon* optional*
- Note: this egg mixture should comfortably batter 8 slices of Brioche bread that are a between 1/2 and 1 inch thick. It will batter 10-12 slices of French baguette or about 6 slices of Challah.
- Slice bread and set it aside.
- In a deep and wide bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, sugar, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat a large cooking pan oven medium to medium-low heat. Add a couple of tablespoons of canola oil and spread it evenly.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture as well as the edges. Brioche bread is nice and quick to soak up the egg. (Just batter as many slices as will fit into the pan. If you have to cook in two or more batches, batter bread right before adding it to the pan.)
- Place battered slices into the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. (Repeat with remaining slices of bread if needed.)
- Serve with your favorite topping.
All images and text ©Lyubov Brooke for ©Will Cook For Smiles. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If using my posts in collections and features, please link back to this post for the recipe. Disclaimer: Nutrition information shown is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate as most ingredients and brands have a slight variation.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 276mg | Sodium: 326mg | Potassium: 60mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 890IU | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1.3mg