This simple homemade biscuit recipe is buttery, soft, and prepared entirely from scratch, and it deserves a permanent position in your recipe collection for its deliciousness. This dish is made entirely of butter; there is no shortening used!
These homemade biscuits are very easy to prepare, using just six ingredients that I’m certain you already have on hand. I’ve given lots of suggestions to ensure that you end up with perfectly baked biscuits every time as well.
My pleasure in sharing this homemade biscuit recipe with you today is fueled by the fact that handmade biscuits are tasty (of course) and that they are very simple to prepare. So many people purchase the canned version without understanding that they already have all of the components to create them from scratch in their kitchen cabinets and pantry.
The flavor of a pre-made biscuit can’t compete with the taste of a freshly baked biscuit. It’s not even close. Preservatives and artificial flavors are not permitted at this establishment.
As I previously said, these biscuits are simple to make, so do not be frightened by the plethora of suggestions I have for you below. These biscuits are simple to prepare, but proper technique is essential, and I want to provide you with all of the knowledge you need so that you can make them quickly and simply, and have them turn out properly the first time.
The tips are basic but necessary, and although some more experienced bakers may already be familiar with them, I want to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed.
– 150 grams.Of white flour.
– 75 grams.Of granulated sugar.
– 75 grams.Of cold butter.
– 1 large spoon.Of vanilla powder.
– An egg.
– A pinch.Of salt.
– Powdered sugar.
METHOD OF WORK:
– 1St Step: In a large mixing basin, whisk together the flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Add the butter and knead the mixture with your fingers until you get a sandy consistency.
– 2Nd Step: Add the egg to the mixture and quickly mix until you have a smooth ball of dough on your hands.
– 3Rd Step: Wrap it in a clean towel and set it aside for 30 minutes in a cool place. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
– 4Th Step: On a floured surface, roll out the dough until it is thin and elastic. To bake the cookies, use a cookie cutter to cut them out.
– 5Th Step: Bake the shortbread cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 15 minutes.
– 6Th Step: At this step, you need to bake them for Ten minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
– 7Th Step: Allow the cookies to cool once they have been taken out of the oven.
– 8Th Step: Keep the cookies in an airtight container until you’re ready to eat them. To finish, dust with confectioners’ sugar.
– It is essential that the butter used in this recipe be as cold as possible in order to get fluffy and soft cookies. I put my butter in the freezer before using it.
– Make sure not to overwork the dough! Keep in mind that while preparing these biscuits, you want the butter to be as cold as possible, and the more time you spend working with the dough, the softer the butter will become. It is absolutely not necessary to use an electric mixer for this recipe.
– Instead of rolling out the dough with a rolling pin, gently knead it into a flat rectangle with your hands before cutting out your biscuits.
– If the dough becomes too sticky while you are working with it, don’t be afraid to add more flour to it (and make sure to work on a lightly floured surface).
ENJOY THESE BISCUITS, AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THEM WITH YOUR LOVED ONES!