4 C Cups Flour
6 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
5 Tbs Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Lukewarm Water
- Preheat a deep pot with any vegetable oil such sunflower, canola, peanut, grapeseed oil etc in medium heat.
- While the oil is heating up in a big bowl mix all the ingredients into a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface shape the dough into a thick disc then cut with a cookie cutter into even rounds. You can also shape into even balls with floured hands.
- Fry in heated oil until the one side is golden brown & the other looks cooked even though still pale then turn and fry the other side to an even golden brown colour.
- When cooked place on a large bowl lined with paper towel. Cool slightly and serve with sweet tea or coffee. At the farm where I grew up, we enjoyed them as they are or with #igxogxa aka #repurposedtea from used teabags or already brewed coffee granules. Kids were not allowed to drink real coffee and tea but hey as kids! We loved igxogxa. Its the closest to coffee and tea we could get.