- 1 cup cooked diced chicken
- 6 cooked Italian sausage links cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 26 oz jar spaghetti sauce (you can use more if you like a saucy casserole)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella or parmesan cheese
- 8 oz penne pasta or any shape you have on hand, cooked al dente
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup large diced bell peppers–I mixed red and green
- 2 cups shredded pizza cheese see NOTES
- 2 tbsp shredded Asiago cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a 2-quart round or 11×7-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the 2 cups pizza cheese and the Asiago cheese.
Turn into prepared pan.
Top with the shredded pizza cheese and the Asiago.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until top is nicely browned and bubbly.
You can also use Italian Blend shredded cheese (sold in the dairy case). If you can’t find this, then mozzarella or cheddar will do.