- 1 7-ounce jar Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/8 teaspoon mint extract*
- 8 drops+ green food coloring, or until desired shade of green is reached
- 1 batch of brownies – see ingredients below in step 2 (or use 1 box of brownie mix – make according to directions on the box by adding the water, oil, eggs)
- 4 ounces baking chocolate (I used 9 squares of TJ’s 72% chocolate bar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons espresso or brewed coffee, optional
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Cool Mint Oreo Cookies, hand-crumbled
- Frosting and Topping
- Frosting and Topping:
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash of milk, if necessary for consistency
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 18 Cool Mint Oreo Cookies, hand-crumbled
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13-inch pan with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
Filling – In medium bowl, stir together marshmallow fluff, mint extract* (be very careful and do not use more than this unless you love mint; a little bit of mint goes a very long way), 4 drops of food coloring, or until light green is achieved; set aside.
Brownies – Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwave-safe bowl for 90 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar (it will seem very granular, this is okay). Stir in eggs and vanilla. If adding espresso or coffee, add it now. Stir in flour until just combined, do not overmix. Hand-crumble 12 Oreos over the bowl and fold them in.
Spread brownie batter in prepared pan.
Drop about 1/2 cup of green filling mixture onto brownie batter and reserve the remainder. Gently pull a table knife through the batter in S-shaped curves for a swirled design.
Bake 23 to 25 minutes or until brownies are set, taking care not to overbake. (Some people’s ovens and taste preferences may require 25-30 minutes, bake until brownies are done and to your liking) Cool completely, about 1 hour, or put the pan into the freezer for 10 minutes if you’re rushed.
Frosting and Topping – While brownies are cooling, make vanilla frosting by whisking together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and milk as needed until smooth and fluffy, or beat with an electric mixer. Optionally use 1 cup storebought vanilla frosting – or use entire can if you want a thicker final green layer.
In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips (microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir and microwave 30 seconds longer; stir until smooth, taking care not to scorch it as white chocolate scorches easily).
Add the melted white chocolate chips and the vanilla frosting to the reserved green minty marshmallow mixture.
Stir in 4 drops+ food coloring, or until light green color is reached, and spread over cooled brownies.
Sprinkle with 18 hand-crumbled Oreo Cookies, slightly pressing them into the green mixture. Allow top layer to set fully before slicing and serving. I prefer these bars chilled and I store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 10 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.