Back to Top
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 (14-oz) cans chicken broth
- 4 cups half-and-half
- One 10.75-oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup salsa (mild or spicy)
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (boiled, drained and shredded)
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack (grated)
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar (grated)
- One 15-oz. can black beans (drained)
- One 15-oz. can kidney beans (drained)
- One 15-oz. can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- One 1.27-oz. packet fajita seasoning
- One 16-oz. bag tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for five minutes (or until softened).
- Add the flour and stir until well combined. Cooking for one additional minute.
- Stir in the broth and half-and-half.
- Add the salsa, cream of chicken soup, chicken, corn, beans, cumin, and fajita seasoning.
- Simmer for 15 more minutes over low heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with sour cream, cheese, and tortilla chips.