It has been a long time since I made a quiche. It was now the perfect moment after all the heavy dishes of Christmas to eat something more light. So, I took my new large tart pan and I invented on spot a recipe that worth to be done again and again.
- 400g shortcrust pastry
- 400g tuna fish (conserve)
- 2 red onions (diced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 2 branches of celery (diced)
- 2 red bell peppers (diced)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 300g emmental cheese (grated)
- Stretch the shortcrust pastry and lay it on the bottom of a big tart pan (mine has 32cm as diameter).
- Lay the diced vegetables, the tuna fish and 200g of the emmental cheese in layers over the shortcrust pastry.
- Beat the eggs, add milk, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour this composition over the vegetables.
- Lay the remaining (100g) of grated emmental cheese on top.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven at 200ºC.