1 thin baguette
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cans Genova Tonno Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil plus 1/4 cup chiffonade fresh basil leaves (optional garnish)
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more to taste
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 cup hummus
1/3 cup pesto
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the baguette along a diagonal into 1/4 inch slices using a serrated knife. Do not slice them thicker than 1/4 inch, or they will be difficult to bite through when toasted.
2.Place the slices on a cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the bread pieces with olive oil.
3. Place the bread into the oven and let it toast for 8-10 minutes till the bottoms of the bread slices are golden brown and toasted. Flip the slices to check for doneness– they will brown more on the bottom than they will on the top.
4. In a mixing bowl combine tuna, 2 tbsp chopped basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
5. To assemble – first stop each crostini with 1 1/2 tsp of hummus, then add 1/2 tsp of pesto.
6. Top with tuna salad. Garnish with basil if desired.