- 10 – 12 small yellow or red new potatoes
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn cooked, or 1 cup canned whole corn drained
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup torn fresh Basil Leafs
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Style mustard
- 1/4 Teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
To make the Balsamic Dressing: Place the oil, Balsamic Vinegar, shallot, Dijon Mustard, sugar and salt and pepper to taste in a medium size bowl. Mix the ingredients together using a fork or whisk until they are well combined. Set the dressing aside while we make the salad.
Place the potatoes in a saucepan, fill the pan with enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook the potatoes over medium heat until a fork can be inserted into a potato and reach the center easily. Don’t over cook them, you want the potato to not be so cooked that you can’t cut them into slices. Drain the water from the pan and let the potatoes completely cool down. I cooked the potatoes a couple of hours before I actually made the salad, I wanted to make sure that they were cooled before slicing them.
Arrange the sliced potatoes and tomatoes on a large platter. Sprinkle the corn and 1/4 cup torn Basil leaves over the potatoes and tomatoes. Sprinkle the salad with Feta Cheese and pour the dressing over the salad. You can add more torn Basil leaves to your taste if you like.