- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch nutmeg optional
- 12 Catelli Express lasagna noodles
- 2 chicken breasts cooked, chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in flour until completely combined.
Whisk in broth and milk, and continue cooking over medium heat until sauce has thickened considerably. Stir in spinach, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg if using. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9×13″ baking dish.
Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish, then top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/4 of the sauce, 1/3 of the chicken, 1/3 of the ham and 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice so that you have 3 layers of 3 lasagna noodles each.
Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles, remaining 1/4 sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
Cover with a lightly greased piece of foil and bake for 40-45 minutes until noodles are tender (they will absorb the sauce and expand as they cook!).
Remove foil and broil 2-3 minutes until lightly browned if desired. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing into 9 pieces and serving.