Back to Top
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced, optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onions over medium-high heat until meat is cooked and onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in taco seasoning, coating beef mixture evenly. Add chicken stock, canned tomatoes, corn, black beans, and rice, stirring well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed.
- Top with cheese, cover, and let heat 2-3 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, serve with desired toppings, and enjoy!