Chicken meat occupies a good rank in the food pyramid because it contains multiple nutrients that are beneficial to the body (proteins related to the body, healthy fats, mineral vitamins). It is one of the most important meats after fish. White meat is white meat.
The importance of chicken meat:
1. Chicken meat is one of the foods that burn fat, so it is used to lose weight.
2. It is considered one of the most important sources of protein, which is composed of amino acids that maintain human health by protecting body cells, balancing hormones, and ensuring consistency of muscle strength and elasticity of the skin. The amount of protein found in one gram of chicken meat is greater than that in red meat.
3. Chicken meat contains iron, which is necessary for the formation of red blood cells.
4. Chicken meat contains phosphorus, which is important for the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
5. It contains vitamin D, which helps build bones and teeth.
6. It contains several vitamins, including riboflavin, which is important for the exchange of substances in the body and the production of carbohydrates and fats for energy production and for the respiration process in cells.
7. It is characterized by the fact that it contains vitamin B3, the deficiency of which, together with the deficiency of the amino acid tryptophan, leads to dermatitis, insomnia, mental confusion, and diarrhea.
8. Eating chicken and fish reduces the risk of liver cancer.
9. The proteins concentrated in chicken breasts are equivalent to the omega acids found in fish meat, which protect against cardiovascular diseases and prevent strokes.
10. A recent study indicated that eating chicken meat in adolescence is very beneficial and reduces the risk of colon cancer. Specialists who conducted a study on nearly 20,000 women who ate sufficient amounts of chicken meat in adolescence confirmed that they face a lower risk of colon cancer by 10. 40 percent.
The harm of chicken meat
Due to the short life cycle of broiler chickens (broilers), which usually does not exceed 45 days, breeders are forced, in order to reach the ideal weight during this short period, to feed the chickens on a diet that contains unauthorized high levels of antibiotics and hormones, which in turn are concentrated in the meat and negatively affect human health. After dealing with it, we show the following the most important research studies on this topic:
1. Huda Al-Ali, a nutritionist from Dammam, confirmed that eating large amounts of chicken meat that contains levels of hormones that exceed internationally permitted levels causes great danger to humans. Testosterone should not exceed 0.1 nanograms. Investigating this, it was found that chicken in Arab countries It contains the equivalent of 25.9 nanograms. And the hormone estradiol should not exceed 0.1 ng, and by investigating it, it was found to reach the equivalent of 0.7 ng in chicken meat.
2. The antibiotics that are given to poultry in close periods and with a short lifespan accumulate in their bodies and cause many diseases and symptoms to humans after consuming them, including liver failure and kidney failure.
3. Nutrition consultant Dr. Khaled Al-Madani confirmed that the use of hormones to increase the growth of poultry is illegal, as they are deposited in chicken meat and internal organs such as liver, blood and abdominal fat. Consuming them continuously will affect the immune system and sexual characteristics and increase the chances of developing cancer.
4. International scientific studies and research have unanimously agreed that exposure of humans or animals to the hormone estrogen, for example, leads to an increase in the chance of developing cancerous diseases. The use of hormones such as estradiol, testosterone, progesterone, trenbolone, and others leads to negative effects for humans on the endocrine glands, growth, the immune system, the nervous system, and others.
20-25 chicken wings
1 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt
1 /2 tsp Lawry’s garlic salt1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 cups of heavy whipping cream
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp onion powder
3 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
First, clean your chicken in salt, vinegar, and cold water. Rinse and pat dry.
Season your chicken, then place them on a cooling rack. Place them in the oven and let them cook for 20 minutes. Flip them over, and put them back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Flip them back over and let them finish cooking for 15 more minutes.
Once done, start making your Alfredo sauce. Place a pan on medium heat. Add your butter.
Once the butter melts, slowly whisk in your heavy whipping cream. Next, whisk in your seasoning and let it come to a light boil.
Turn your heat down low, and let simmer for about 3 minutes or until it slightly thickens, then add in your Parmesan cheese. Mix well, then add your chicken wings. Give it a nice toss and plate them.