1duble pe crust
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
6 large apples peeled and thinly sliced (about ⅛″)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- caramel sauce for serving optional
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a deep dish pie plate with the bottom pie crust.
With the mixer on high, combine cream cheese, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla until fluffy. Add in eggs and mix until combined. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust.
In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, ½ cup sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Gently place apples on top of cream cheese mixture.
Top apples with a second pie crust and crimp the edges to seal. Cut a few small slits into the top of the pie.
Line a pan with parchment paper and place the pie on the pan. Cover loosely with a piece of foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the apples feel soft when a knife is inserted. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
Cool for 1 hour on the countertop and then refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Serve chilled with caramel sauce.
- Cream cheese should be softened to room temperature.
- Don’t overmix the cream cheese mixture.
- Ensure the apples are thinly sliced so they cook through.
- Be sure to cut slits in the top crust so that steam can escape.
- For a glossy crust, combine one egg with 1 tablespoon of water. Wisk until combined and brush over the crust.
- Depending on your apples, the pie can sometimes bubble over so place the pie plate on a pan lined with parchment to save my oven any mess.
- Cheesecake Apple Pie can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days. Only cover the cut portion of the pie with plastic wrap.
- Cooled pie can be frozen, wrap in plastic wrap then in a freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Calories: 291, Carbohydrates: 56g, Protein: 3g, Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 41mg, Sodium: 105mg, Potassium: 181mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 39g, Vitamin A: 135IU, Vitamin C: 6.8mg, Calcium: 23mg, Iron: 1mg