Every couple months, I like to make a “fancy” dinner for my husband and I. We both love all types of seafood, but baked crab legs are the family favorite! The warm spicy garlic butter sauce compliments the crab legs so perfectly. I can’t even describe how tasty it is. It is both a dipping sauce and a glaze.
Baked Crab Legs in Butter Sauce Ingredients
- 1 lb (453.59g) king crab legs
- 4 tablespoons (56g) unsalted butter , melted
- 3 cloves garlic , minced (about 1 tablespoon garlic)
- 1-2 teaspoons (4g-8g) Creole seasoning
- ½ tablespoon (7.5ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (3g) chopped chives or parsley
- lemon wedges to serve
- Thaw crabs legs in the refrigerator overnight or for faster results place crabs under cold running water for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- When ready to cook, cut the crab legs into half so the flesh of the crab is visible. Skip the knife and use kitchen shears or scissors to do so. You’ll thank me later.
- Place crab legs in an oven-safe pan or on a baking sheet.
- Add butter, garlic, Creole seasoning in a small bowl . Microwave for about a minute. Remove and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Brush crab with butter mixture all over the crab legs – reserve any excess for serving.
- Place the crab legs in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until the crab legs are heated through. Sprinkle with parsley or chives.
- Serve immediately with the remaining sauce and/or lemon wedges for squeezing over meat.
- One of the great things about this recipe, you are not trying to cut open hot crab legs with scissors, the prep is done before they are heated.