Easy Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bars are my idea of the perfect dessert. Semi-homemade yet full of decadence, this semi-homemade bar cookie recipe stars cheesecake atop a buttery sugar cookie crust.
- 1 (17.5 ounce) package sugar cookie mix (see note 1)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding mix (see note 2)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
- 2 whole eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Sprinkles for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch cake pan with nonstick spray.
In a large bowl, combine cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 whole egg. Mix well and press in to bottom of pan.
In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl by hand, beat cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth.
Add remaining whole egg, egg yolks, and remaining 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour over crust in pan and smooth the top.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center is set. Cool at least 30 minutes. Top with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator.
- Sugar cookie mix: Or homemade sugar cookies if you’re feeling ambitious!
- French vanilla instant pudding mix: Feel free to swap in regular vanilla pudding if you prefer.
- Yield: This Sugar Cookie Cheesecake Bar recipe makes 30 small squares (or more like 20 to 24 in my home)!
- Storage: Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.