Back to Top
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped, (white or yellow onion)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and prepare macaroni as directed on the label …watch your timer,.do not over cook, usually 7 minutes, drain. Meanwhile……..
- Heat a large fry pan on medium, add olive oil and ground beef, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks, 2-3 minutes (some pieces should still be pink.) drain off the grease.
- Add chopped onions, green pepper and garlic to the meat, stirring every few minutes. Cook 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add oregano, basil, parsley, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and gently toss..
- Cover and simmer 2-3 more minutes.
- Ladle into warm bowls, and enjoy.