This beef and broccoli dish is ready in just 25 minutes! What are you waiting for? Experience perfection in the comfort of your home! Just follow these easy steps, and you are good to go!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 fl oz) can caffeinated pepper-type soda (such as Dr Pepper(R))
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, mustard, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. Whisk in pepper soda, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Cut 4 slices of bacon into small strips. Cook and stir in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until almost crispy, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, reserving bacon grease.
- Stir onion into the bacon grease in the Dutch oven; cook and stir until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir for 1 minute. Pour in bourbon, stirring to scrape up browned bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Stir bacon strips back in.
- Pour brown sugar mixture and baked beans into the Dutch oven. Simmer until beans are heated through, about 15 minutes. Arrange remaining 4 slices of bacon on top of the beans.
- Bake in the preheated oven, covered, until beans are bubbly and sauce is syrupy, about 3 hours.