Looking for a cheap and easy to prepare family recipe? This old-fashioned beef stew recipe is perfect, especially in the cold winter! My grandmother has her secret recipe. She passed it on to me gently. I like to do it when there are a lot of us at the table. He treats everyone, even the biggest appetites. I appreciate being able to make this dish in advance for my guests to enjoy.
*Ingredients for 4 people :
° 750 grams of beef (cooked beef, bourguignon or beef cheek)
° oil and butter
° 3 onions
° 3 cubes of beef broth
° 750 g carrots
° 500 grams of potatoes
° Small can of tomato puree
° 1/2 liter of water
° salt pepper
°1 c. to s. oil
° 30 grams of butter
° salt pepper
*How do I do :
1. Cut the meat into large cubes.
2. Peel and chop the onion.
3. Peeled carrots & potatoes.
4. We cut the carrots into slices and the potatoes into quarters.
5. In a casserole dish, pour oil spray and add butter.
6. When the mixture is hot, put the meat.
7. Turn regularly to brown the pieces of meat.
8. Add onions and simmer over low heat until they turn brown. 9. Salt and pepper to taste.
10. Dissolve the stock cubes in the water and pour everything into the casserole.
11. Cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
12. Add carrots and tomato paste.
13. Leave to cook for another 20 minutes.
14. We put the potato pieces.
15. Simmer again for 50 minutes.