1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars together.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat again.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until dough is uniform.
- Stir in pecans.
- Place 1-inch balls of dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to turn brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before frosting.
To prepare frosting:
- heat brown sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil for two minutes, stirring continuously.
- Stir in butter until it is melted.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and whisk together until chunks are gone.
Frosting will thicken a bit while it cools.
- If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick, add more milk.