Cabbage rolls stuffed with meat are an authentic marvel that surprises for their flavor, texture, and simplicity when it comes to its preparation. This type of dish is typical of certain international cuisines, representing the basis of festive soups that are the centerpiece of any dish. The combination of cabbage with meat is a success, a perfect way of eating vegetables, incorporating all the ingredients with a good dose of energy. If you want to bring an original and fun dish to the table, take note of these cabbage rolls stuffed with meat, they are a marvel in every way.
- 1 cabbage
- 1 onion
- 200 gr of minced meat
- 1 leek
- Strips of cheese
- 200 gr of minced meat
- 150 ml of fried tomato
- To create these amazing meat-stuffed cabbage rolls the first step is to get the best raw ingredients possible. We start with a medium-sized cabbage that can offer us the right size leaves. This dish is somewhat personal, we can eat it as a starter or as a main dish, changing the size of the rolls.
- In this case, we will choose medium cabbage leaves. We will start boiling them with a little water and salt to be able to work with them easily. They will need about 8 minutes to get the right texture that we are interested in for this dish.
- We will continue while preparing the filling of these delicacies. In a frying pan with a little oil, put the peeled and chopped onion to poach. We will add the leek cut in small pieces. These two ingredients are exquisite and will give much softness to the dish.
- We add the corresponding salt and we put the minced meat. The type of meat that we will use depends a little on our tastes. In general, the best option is a part of pork with another part of veal to balance the fats, although, with chicken, it is also wonderful and it is much lighter.
- Once we have the meat ready, we incorporate the fried tomato. Set aside and wait for it to cool before starting to create these rolls.
- We put the leaves on the cooking board, add the filling and a little cheese. It is an optional ingredient, but it gives an obvious creaminess, ideal to minimize the impact of the cabbage.
- We roll up forming a kind of roll, like a conventional cannelloni, although in this case, the pasta will be the cabbage.
- We put the cabbage rolls in the oven at 180º for about 10 minutes. You will have ready a dish that is very good and easy to prepare.