Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 7-10 minutes
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 pound steak, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- Combine all the seasoning ingredients together in a bowl. Toss to coat the meat.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large cast iron skillet or other pan.
- When the oil is sizzling add the steak and cook for 2 minutes, flip and cook another side for 2 minutes.
- If you prefer your meat rare, remove from the pan now, or if you prefer your meat well done, continue flipping till all sides have browned.
Remove the meat from the pan and keep warm.
- Melt the butter and add the garlic to the pan, scraping the pan so the butter is well seasoned.
- Add the steak back into the pan and spoon butter over the meat.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately with a sprinkle of parsley.