- 8-12 pieces corn on the cob, 4 full cobs cut in half or in thirds
- 4 red potatoes, washed and cubed and quartered
- 20-30 uncooked shrimp, peeled or not, it’s up to you
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- Melted butter, or olive oil, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, you may not need that much
- Cajun/Creole seasoning, Tony Chachere’s brand is the best, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Additional ingredients to try in a foil packet (optional, and to your taste)
- Italian sausage
- Chicken (cut in bite size pieces)
- Bell peppers
- Red onions
- Heat grill to 400-degrees. You can do this in your oven at the same temperature.
- Microwave the potatoes for a few minutes to soften them before you put them in the oven.
- Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (approximately 12×18 inches each).
- Drizzle melted butter and about 2 tablespoons of chicken broth over each foil packet.
- Season evenly and generously, to taste, with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are tender, flipping once half-way through
- Be careful opening the packets to check for doneness, the steam inside is very hot!