- FOR THE BASE :
- 1/3 cup butter (65 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) (110 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and sliced not too thin)
- FOR THE CAKE :
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter (75 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (112 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (195 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt*
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk (135 grams)
- I use salted butter, if you use unsalted then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Line an 8 inch (20 cm) cake pan with parchment paper. Scrunch up the paper and then wet and ring out, shake out excess water before placing in the cake pan, although a little moisture doesn’t hurt.
FOR THE BASE
In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, then add the softened butter and combine, spread on the bottom of the prepared cake pan.Place the sliced apples on top.
FOR THE CAKE :
In a medium Bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.In a medium bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat to combine.Spoon batter over apple slices and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until toothpick come out clean. Let cool until warm. Serve with a scoop of ice cream if desired. Enjoy!