- FOR THE BASE :
- 1/3 cup butter (65 grams)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) (110 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples (peeled, cored and sliced not too thin)
- FOR THE CAKE :
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons butter (75 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (112 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (195 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt*
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon milk (135 grams)
- I use salted butter, if you use unsalted then add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius). Line an 8 inch (20 cm) cake pan with parchment paper. Scrunch up the paper and then wet and ring out, shake out excess water before placing in the cake pan, although a little moisture doesn’t hurt.
FOR THE BASE
- In a small bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, then add the softened butter and combine, spread on the bottom of the prepared cake pan.
- Place the sliced apples on top.
FOR THE CAKE :
- In a medium Bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the egg and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat to combine.
- Spoon batter over apple slices and spread evenly. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until toothpick come out clean. Let cool until warm. Serve with a scoop of ice cream if desired. Enjoy!