These fritters are loaded with fresh corn and cheese. A vegetable side dish that is packed with flavor that even your little ones will love! You can serve these delicious fritters as a light meal, too.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 c. corn kernels, fresh is best (you can use frozen or canned)
- ¼ c. green onion, chopped
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- juice from 1/2 a lime, 1 tbsp
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ c. milk
- 1½ c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, membranes removed, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Step 1: In a large bowl, add the corn (you can use fresh corn and simply cut the kernels off the cob), diced green cilantro, green onion, and diced jalapeno. Then, squeeze in the lime juice from 1/2 of a lime.
Step 2: Add the flour to a small bowl along with the baking powder, salt, black pepper, and chili powder. Mix well until.