Yield: 6 Servings
This recipe has always been a part of my family since I was a kid. This Chicken & Biscuits Bake is a family recipe. Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! A big thanks to my grams for sharing this recipe with me. Now, allow me to share it with you as well! Give this recipe a try, and I promise you that it is worth all your time and effort! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a great day, friends, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
- 2 tubes of biscuit dough, 8 biscuits each
- 3 c chicken broth (720 ml)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 ½ c frozen mixed vegetable (455 g)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ c flour (60 g)
- 1 c heavy cream (240 ml)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add the onion, then sauté for about a minute or until translucent.
- Add the flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
- Add the chicken broth, then stir until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and mixed veggies, then stir until well blended.
- Empty the pot into a 9×13-inch baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Scatter 12 pieces of the biscuits on top.
- Place it in the preheated oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
- Serve warm and enjoy!