- 2 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1 1/3 cup cheese (cheddar, Mexican blend, pepper jack, etc.) shredded
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- salt to taste
- 4-6 8 inch large flour tortillas
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except tortillas until well mixed. Lay a tortilla out on a plate and spread an even layer of the chicken enchilada cheese mixture all the way to the edges (about 2 to 3 tbsp).
Roll up tortilla tightly and place on a plate and then repeat until all the ingredients have been used. Pop into the fridge to chill for 2 hour.
Slice each rolled tortillas off the ends and set aside. Garnish with sliced green onions and or cilantro.
NOTES* – Make sure your tortillas are at room temperature before you roll them so they are nice and flexible.
* – Smaller tortillas may be used, however you will need to adjust the amount of chicken and cheese mixture you add to each tortilla.
* – If time is an issue, you can skip the refrigeration before slicing or refrigerate for less time. However, for best results, refrigeration is recommended.
* – You can use a rotisserie chicken, or cook and shred your own. My grocery store sells pre-cooked, seasoned, shredded chicken that makes these even easier!