- 16 ounces spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 4 cups cooked and diced or shredded chicken
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained or 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, NOT diluted
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup finely-diced or grated Velveeta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package instructions for al dente (almost tender, but still with a little bite). Drain and return to the pot.
Add chicken, bell pepper, celery, onion, pimentos or Rotel, condensed soup, broth, ½ cup of the cheddar cheese and all of the Velveeta. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer spaghetti mixture to prepared dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of cheddar cheese over top.
Bake (uncovered) for 45 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted on top.