Back to Top
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
For the casserole:
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until soft, 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining butter. Once melted, sprinkle in flour and cook 1 minute more. Whisk in chicken broth and milk gradually until combined. Season with salt and pepper and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- To the cooked spaghetti, add chicken, bacon, onion, bell pepper, pimentos, seasoned salt, and 1 3/4 cup cheese. Pour sauce over and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish and pour chicken broth over the top. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake until bubbly and cheese has melted, 35-40 minutes. Enjoy!