Back to Top
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups sour cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix well until combined. Sift in cocoa, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Stir until combined.
- Roll the dough into 2 inch balls. Place on a greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of cookie to make a well. Place two cherries in each cookie.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cookies are cool drizzle with chocolate.
- Melt chocolate chips, I melted mine in the microwave, it took about 1 minute at 50 percent power. Drizzle over cookies.
- Let the chocolate set and serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.